Date(s) - 24/08/2012
8:00 am - 8:30 am
All ALFA Alliance members are invited to attend the ALFA AGM. In accordance with the Rules of the Australian Leisure Facilities Association Inc., we require 20 ALFA Alliance members either in person or via proxy to form a quorum.
Notice of AGM
Date: Friday 24 August 2012
Note: The AGM will be held in conjunction with the ARV Industry Conference
Nature of Proposed Business
- Confirm the minutes of the last preceding AGM and of any General Meeting held since that meeting;
- Receive from the Board, reports upon the transactions of ALFA during the last preceding year;
- Elect officers of ALFA and the members of the Board in accordance with the procedure set out in Rules 17 and 18; and
- Receive and consider accounts of ALFA as required under the Act.
Entitlement to Attend Meeting
- No item of business will be transacted at a General Meeting unless a quorum of Members entitled under these Rules to vote is present (in person or by proxy) during the time when the meeting is considering that item.
- At any General Meeting the number of Members required to constitute a quorum shall be 20 Members being Members that are entitled to vote at General Meetings.
- A Delegate from each recognised Regional Body;
- Up to four (4) appointed Directors, appointed under Rule 17.6;
- Up to three (3) elected Directors, elected under Rule 18;
- An Executive Officer in a non-voting capacity (ex-officio).
Nomination for Elected Directors – 3 Positions
Nominations should be returned via post to:
Australian Leisure Facilities Association
Suite 303, Shop 336 Murnong Street
Point Cook VIC 3030
Or scanned and attached to an e-mail to: email@example.com
Voting Procedures for Elected Directors
- If a candidate has been nominated for more than one vacancy on the Board, and is elected or deemed elected to a particular position on the Board, his or her nomination for other positions will be deemed void.
- If the number of nominations received is equal to the number of vacancies to be filled or if there are insufficient nominations received to fill all vacancies, then those nominated shall be declared elected.
- If there are insufficient nominations received to fill all vacancies on the Board, those positions not filled will be deemed casual vacancies under Rule 17.5.
- If the number of nominations exceeds the number of vacancies to be filled, voting papers shall be prepared containing the names of the candidates in alphabetical order, for each vacancy on the Board.
- Voting papers shall be issued to the Members entitled to vote not less than 21 days before the date fixed for the holding of the AGM.
- Completed voting papers must be received from Members by ALFA not less than 7 days before the date fixed for the holding of the AGM. For the avoidance of doubt, no votes will be accepted from Members on the date of the AGM.
- The announcement of Directors elected in accordance with these Rules shall occur at the AGM.
- Subject to these Rules, voting shall be conducted in such manner and by such method as may be determined by the Board from time to time.