The ALFA Blog is both the voice of and the voice for the aquatics, recreation and leisure facilities industry in Australia. As such, we welcome guest posts from people within the industry to ensure fresh perspectives and the full story is provided on current industry issues.
Guest Bloggers must adhere to the following guidelines:
Quality Requirements and Formatting Preferences
- Posts should be well-written and concise, at least 600 words long (content, not counting the titles and bio), but not too long.
- Posts must be 100% original. It can’t be a post that has been posted on your own blog or anywhere else before. In other words, it must be a new post and should not be re-published elsewhere in the future. The ALFA Blog will be the ultimate home of the post provided and can be linked to and referenced to in other blogs produced in future by the Guest Blogger.
- The post must be either fresh or comprehensive. A fresh post has fresh ideas or takes a fresh approach to a subject. A comprehensive post has comprehensive treatment of a subject, usually in the form of a long list (such as 50 different options for testing chlorine levels).
- Although technical content is encouraged, language should not be too technical in nature. Any technical terminology should be defined.
- Use short paragraphs, subheadings and/or bullet points to make the post easier to read. Lists are practical and scannable.
- Articles should be submitted as either a document file (i.e. Word) or a text file.
Preferred Topics and Subjects
Posts should be relevant to professionals working in the aquatics, recreation and leisure facilities industry in Australia. This may include but is not limited to:
- Leisure facility management
- Leisure facility issues
- Water safety and/or lifeguarding
- Learn to swim
- Professional development
- Health, wellbeing and active recreation
- Industry recognition
- Industry Research
- Industry Products
The post should provide a specific angle to a topic, for example:
- Unique take on a current industry issue
- Provision of technical expertise
- Review of industry products
- Top tips for performing a specific role within the industry
- How to guides or steps to achieve
- Industry facts, policies and/or guidelines
- Outcomes of an industry research project
- Industry announcements
- An open letter
Link Requirements and Policies
- Links should be used as appropriate to the content of the post.
- Links are encouraged to other posts found in the ALFA Blog where appropriate.
- No links are permitted to unrelated sites or affiliate links.
Guest Blogger Bio
- Guest Bloggers should include a short biography of no more than 75 words, plus a photo. Guest Bloggers may link to their own work in their bio. This bio will appear at the end of the post and should be provided along with the post.
- There will be a paragraph at the beginning of the post introducing the Guest Blogger that will also include a link to the Guest Blogger’s site.
Your Post Image Requirements
- A minimum of one image, video and/or downloadable file should be submitted with the guest post to make the post attention-grabbing.
- All images should be properly attributed and have been credited.
- ALFA reserves the right to edit the post as needed (for example to fix spelling, grammar and/or create clarity). Please don’t be offended if we suggest changes or ask you to rework part of an article to meet with our requirements.
- ALFA reserves the right to reject posts if not appropriate.
- If your post is approved, I will give you an idea of when the post will be published.
- Guest Bloggers are expected to promote the Blog via their regular communication channels with their regular audience, including (but not limited to) their blog, website, e-news and/or social media channels.