After the success of last year’s event, the National Sports Convention is returning in 2018 and will be held at a new location, the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne’s premier conference and exhibition space.
The National Sports Convention is now recognised as Australasia’s largest community sport and recreation convention and knowledge sharing event. It is a conference developed by the industry, for the industry and features a diverse program, covering a wide array of sport and recreation topics, with the integration this year of the Australian Sports Commission Conference.
Featuring global, national and local speakers; Australian and New Zealand’s Sport and Recreation peak body collaborators; many conferences, symposiums, masterclasses, and industry tours; amazing networking opportunities; the sport and recreation expo; and industry awards all together in a single venue over three days.
ALFA, along with regional state bodies Aquatics & Recreation Victoria (ARV), Aquatic & Recreation Institute (ARI) and ALFA Queensland have partnered with the NSC, to develop the National Aquatic and Recreation Infrastructure Conference (NARIC).
The NARIC will feature a range of topics including:
- Global trends in local settings – what will the infrastructure look lie in 20 years’ time
- Taking sport and recreation to the streets to activate more people
- Data-mining and insights to grow the business and attract more participants
- Innovative ways to activate community spaces and centre facilities to attract more people
- Two streams including; Planning and Design for the Next Generation of Users and Refurbishment and Repositioning Older Facilities
This is shaping up to be an industry event not to be missed!
Registrations open soon: www.nationalsportsconvention.com.au