The Public Health Act 2010 was passed by the NSW Parliament in December 2010 and commenced on 1 September 2012.
The objectives of the Public Health Act are to:
- Protect and promote public health
- Control the risk to public health
- Promote the control of infectious diseases
- Prevent the spread of infectious diseases
- Recognise the role of local governments in protecting public health
This legislation regulates several industries including Control of Public Swimming Pools and Sap Pools.
For further information on the changes, visit the NSW Ministry of Health website at: